Colby the Audiophile

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Hey, this is more fun than i thought!

So, whats up, peeps?

Sorry, but as of yet, there really isnt anything having to do with audio to post, im still taking all of this blogging thing in, and so far, its pretty enjoyable! My brother just told me that the hardest part was keeping up with it... do you think posting again an hour later is overkill?

Well, the new thing in my life is the end of my near-year long journey at the great establishment of JCPenney's. As of today, May 18, 2005 at 6:31 PM, my official letter of resignation was submitted because of employment elsewhere. It was a melancholy day for me, but i think it is for the best. Conditions there are beginning to change to an unfamiliar and uncomfortable level, so, its not like I'm really leaving somewhere ive come to love.

Audio Connections sounds like a very interesting opportunity though. They deal with competition level audio and i think if i can get my foot far enough in the door there, I may be able to find out if I want to do this as my career or not.

On a couple side notes...

  • "Unleashed," starring Jet Li and Bob Hoskins is a very impressive movie. It's action is unsurpassed in my book... I don't think i've ever cringed so many times and simultaneously had such a huge grin on my face. Jet Li is suprisingly emotional with his acting, and if you put Morgan Freeman as a supporting actor in any movie, you will have an emotionally enthralling movie that just about anybody can watch. If I had a girlfriend, I think i would actually take her to see this movie, despite the fact it is an action movie with blood and stuff.
  • BT is amazingly talented. Quite simply, he is my favorite dance/trance artist and with hits like "Godspeed," "Mercury and Solace," "Madskillz," "Never Gonna Come Back Down," "Somnabulist," "Force of Gravity," etc., etc. how can you not be amazed at how brilliantly he has polished his craft? As an example, if you can get ahold of "Knowledge of Self" off of his album "Emotional Technology," and if you like this genre of music, begin listening at 4:40 for an aural experience you won't soon forget (oh yeah, be sure to turn the volume up... hehe)

Peace out, yo

Colby

3 Comments:

  • Cool that you got a new job. I'll have to check back on your music taste. Your friends have devoted blogs to defending horrible sports teams. Hopefully you won't have to defend your music the same.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/19/2005 10:02:00 AM  

  • Haha, thanks guys... I'm pretty excited about my new job too, and Rick, as far as my music tastes go, dont worry... they are immaculate :)

    By Blogger Colby, at 5/19/2005 02:20:00 PM  

  • Hi Colby!

    Who/What is BT? You have piqued my curiosity.

    Keep up with the blogs! They are fun to read (btw, I just skip through all of the technical audio stuff by saying blah, blah, blah as I read it!) No offense, I just can't get into that!

    Congrats on the new job! I hope that it works out for you.

    Necia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/21/2005 06:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home